Thursday, May 3, 2007

Whose Garbage Is This?

Reported by Rhea Banerjee

People's character can be studied from the way they deal with domestic garbage!

Take this story in Radhakrishnan Nagar Main Road, Thiruvanmiyur. A dumpster had been placed right in front of Shrishti Apartments, an apartment building on the main road. While many residents living in and around this apartment building found it convenient to walk across the road to dump their garbage, others found it disturbing that the maids threw their garbage at the dumpster, most of which landed outside it. Thus, garbage lay scattered around the dumpster.

Also, people complained about the Onyx truck, which came at midnight to empty the dumpster. The loud noise emanating from the truck disturbed the sleep of the residents. "I'm a light sleeper and my sleep has been broken countless number of times because of the Onyx truck," says Rani, a doctor of the Apollo Hospitals and a resident of Shrishti Apartments.

Recently, the dumpster was found broken. It was removed but people continued to throw their garbage at the spot where the dumpster used to be. There was thus a pile of garbage.

But now, due to action taken by the president of the building, this pile has been cleared out and people are no longer dumping their garbage in that spot.

1 comment:

Ragamalika said...

Hullo all!
First off, great job people! I see you're blogging regularly... Its a good thing, believe me.
And the kind of posts are good too! Kudos!
I'm Ragamalika, by the way. I attended the workshop last year, and it has helped me LOADS.
I'm presently a student of communication at Manipal Institute of Communication. Check out my blog, you might or might not find it interesting. ;)
I'll try to comment on each individual post as I get time, but am not promising anything. Exams coming up, see?
Anyways, all the best folks! Have fun and do more good work :)
-Rgmlk-