Saturday, May 12, 2012

An interview with budding singer Sathya Parthassarati



Reported by Monika.S

Sathya Parthassarati is a budding singer and an artist. Sathya is a 2nd year B.Com student of Holy Cross College, Trichy.  This is an interview with the eighteen year old.

Q : Tell us a little about yourself.  

Sathya: I’m an alumni of St.Joseph’s  Convent and currently doing my B.Com in Holy Cross College, Trichy. I want to pursue my MBA and become an entrepreneur  in an innovative  field  and excel in my singing career as well.

Q: When did you start singing?

Sathya: I started attending music classes  when I was six years old and was trained by Mrs. Muthu Lakshmi, a senior Carnatic singer and a trainer. I initially started singing in school from my 4th Class and later participated in inter school competitions and cultural events. I got the opportunity to sing on air in the All India Radio and it was a driving force for my singing career.

Q : How has your singing progressed ?

Sathya: I have learnt Carnatic music and I also got acquainted with film songs singing and have taken part in solo and group performances as well. But since entering college I have not had many competitions to take part in.

Q: What else keeps you busy?

I have compered many events and programmes on local TV channels. I’m also the President of the Rotaract Club of my college.
---------------------------------
Sathya Parthassarati

No comments: